Receive Care for
Independent Living Services
Whether you’re currently receiving ILS services or were recently assessed and qualify to receive services, we welcome you to Accurate Home Care!
Independent Living Skills (ILS) training helps individuals with a wide range of mental illnesses, disabilities, or chronic diseases. With ILS support, you or your loved one can remain as independent as possible at home and in the community. Our ILS Workers are well-trained, have passed a background check, and will be supervised occasionally in your home as they provide support in areas such as basic nutrition, managing finances, attending appointments, effective communication, transportation needs, and problem solving.
ILS Workers are supervised by qualified Designated Mangers, under the MN 245D license. A Designated Manager will meet with you and complete a comprehensive assessment of your support needs. We will work with you and your support team to create a plan of care addressing the goal areas to increase your independence.
Through our exclusive “Meet & Greet” process, you’ll have a chance to meet your ILS Worker, to be sure you’re comfortable working with one another. We will tailor the ILS supports to your individual needs. You will work with a single ILS worker, to ensure your scheduling, training, and supports are streamlined and your services are consistent.
Independent Living Skills training provides support, training, and assistance in 12 core areas. These areas include: personal safety and self-defense, nutritional management, household management, time management, relationships and communication, service provider management, public/civic interests, personal healthcare maintenance, purposeful activity, housing needs, problem solving, and community integration.
Examples of ILS supports can include but are not limited to:
- Grocery shopping, meal planning, or utilizing food shelves
- Creating and utilizing budgets, reviewing mail, paying bills, and handling banking needs
- MA eligibility and renewal paperwork
- Organizing within the home, or finding new housing, preparing for a move
- Supporting you at medical, dental, and mental health appointments
- Identify resources in the community like Legal Aid, support groups, volunteerism, and transportation options
- Coaching to address daily conflicts, issues, or problem solving
There are several ways for patients to pay for Independent Living Skills supports. State-funded Medicaid and waiver programs often provide coverage, and some private insurance is also an option. Some individuals choose private pay. Contact our ILS Manager today for a no-obligation conversation about your needs and how we can support you.
THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS FOR
- You and your support team agree ILS services are right for you
- Social Worker or Care Coordinator requests services from Accurate Home Care
- If Accurate Home Care is able to meet your needs, an ILS Manager will contact you directly, and schedule an intake at your home
- The ILS Manager will complete an ILS assessment with you at your home, and notify your social worker or care coordinator of service start
- You’ll participate in the development of your ILS Program Plan, an ILS Worker will be assigned, you and the ILS Worker will schedule visits according to your needs
- Service delivery begins, with a clearly communicated set of goals reflecting your Coordinated Service and Support Plan, or Community Support Plan