Distribution Plan for Temporary Rate Increase for PCAs at Accurate Home Care |
Co Workers High Five

Distribution Plan for Temporary Rate Increase for PCAs at Accurate Home Care

The Federal Government has approved Minnesota’s temporary rate increase request for PCAs of 8.4%. This increase only applies to your work as a PCA. It does not apply to your work as a Homemaker.

The legislature recognizes the important role of direct support workers like yourself who assist people with disabilities and older adults. Accurate recognizes this too and is delighted to work with the State of Minnesota to get you this temporary increase.

The increase is intended to cover increased wages and benefits.  “Benefits” include (but are not limited to) the costs of worker’s compensation insurance and the employer portion of payroll taxes. In compliance with this law, 80% of this temporary increase will be used to pay for direct wages plus PCA benefits. The other 20% will be used for activities and items necessary to support compliance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on sanitation and personal protective equipment.

This increase is temporary and applies to hours billed between December 1, 2020 and February 7, 2021.

Accurate Home Care will be increasing each PCAs hourly compensation rate by $1/hr during this temporary period.

You will receive this increase in your regular paycheck.

If you have questions about your paycheck, please contact our payroll department by calling 763-633-3800 and ask to speak to either human resources or payroll.

You may also contact the Minnesota Department of Human Services, as follows:

By Mail

Minnesota Department of Human Services
Community Supports and Continuing Care for Older Adults
PCA Temporary Rate Increase
P.O. Box 64967
St. Paul, MN 55164-0967

By Email

Dhs.ccarates@state.mn.us

By Phone

651-431-4300; TDD 800-627-3529; speech-to-speech relay 877-627-3848

As always, you’re welcome to call me directly at 763-795-3794 or send me an email at billenglish@accuratehomecare.com.

Bill English, CEO
Accurate Home Care

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email
Scroll to Top